Excuse this really really delayed post but I’ve not had a working laptop or card reader in a while, nor have I got grips with blogging again. But here I am, back for good!
Superdrug very kindly sent me a bundle of Sleek and Max Factor goodies to experiment with. I love Sleek, they are my favourite and affordable brand right now, they literally have just about everything on a budget. I find their eyeliners to be thick and long lasting, their palette’s amazingly pigmented and cover all the colours of the rainbow and their lipsticks – well they’re all of the above and my ultimate favourite beauty item!
So, using the Sleek products I wanted to create a striking metallic look and to achieve this I’d pick out my favourite products from the bundle.
- I began with covering my face with the Luminous Pressed Powder in SPF 15. This gave my face a nice smooth texture to work on but also didn’t leave it too “powdery” which was surprising.
- For nice rosy cheeks I brushed on some Coral Blush which was a really nice subtle shade of pink fading into orange. The only thing which let me down slightly about this product was the fact there no was brush included in it. I spent a while searching for a brush as I didn’t expect it not to come with one!
- Now my face was ready to be worked on!
- I got the Ink pot in Dominatrix and created a line on my eyelid which I flicked slightly at the end. I found this product to be of amazing quality, really thick and easy to apply. The fact I’ve never owned a gel eyeliner before and how easy I got to grips with it was pleasing. It wasn’t gooey in the slightest but a really thick consticency but smooth enough to create a dramatic curve on my eyelid. I then did the same with my other eye.
- I topped up the curve with Liquid Dip it in Black for a more precise and bold line.
- To top off this dramatic look I got the The Original Divine Eyeshadow Palette, took the brush and applied the black swatch all over my eyes, winging it slightly at the ends so it contrasted with my eyeliner.
- To create a more exciting look I applied the metallic brown/copper all over the the top of the black, like 1/3, and blended it so it looked smokey and effective.
- To finish my eyes I added a few layers of Eye Drama Mascara in Black Out, curling the ends with the brush.
- For my lips I used the True Colour lipstick in Vixen, which is one of my favourite red lipsticks on the market (and I own a fair few!) . It’s so red and pigmented, could’t recommend it any more.
Enough talking, here’s the end look!
Close up – see the metallic copper I used made my eye look really sparkly – ideal for Christmas!
the colours I used!
That’s all folks, hope you enjoyed! I promise I will be back soon with max factor, what I’ve been up to and general make up review posts! x